Report a Spill

Report a spill

Spills must be immediately reported to the 24-Hour Spill Report Line.

  1. Call (867) 920-8130 (collect calls are accepted) or
  2. Submit a Spill Report Form by fax at (867) 873-6924 or by email at

Spills of hazardous materials including diesel, gasoline, and used oil, can be harmful to people, property, wildlife and the environment.

The Government of the Northwest Territories is responsible for investigating hazardous material spills and monitoring their cleanup for spills on Territorial and Commissioner's Lands, on territorial highways/ice crossings, in Northwest Territories communities, and on water.